Have you ever wanted to sit in on a class with Douglas Moo or Darrell Bock? Ever been curious about what it’s like to go on a dig with biblical archaeologists? Ever wished you could tune in to your favorite video streaming service and just find content that’s biblically-centered? This weekend, you can.
The book of Judges is filled with memorable stories. While there are examples of faithful believers scattered throughout its pages, many of these stories are filled with political intrigue and bloodshed. Perhaps the most difficult issue is to discern how these stories are relevant for today. On the surface, it may seem like Judges is just a collection of cautionary tales from the ancient world but what if the book provides a blueprint for modern cultural engagement?
You can still get 10% off Logos 7, but not for long! Introductory discounts are ending soon. Here are three reasons to take advantage of these savings while you still can.
“Jesus never laughed,” or so the pamphlet said. An adolescent boy at the time, I found myself laughing at every little thing—too often during church services. Reading that pamphlet I wondered, “So he never laughed? What was wrong with him?”
I can still recall the thrill of seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark in the theater. A senior in high school, I had already been infected with the archaeology bug. This movie boosted my interest to a whole new level. As Providence would have it, I followed the path of Indiana Jones—at least academically. I’m still fascinated by the ark, but I no longer believe it is lost and awaiting discovery. I have Jeremiah to blame for that.
“I was a musician before I was a theologian,” says N.T. Wright. “When I look at a piece of music, my mind is making connections between harmonic shifts. I’m seeing the patterns in song. When I’m reading passages, I’m asking, ‘How do the themes crisscross like a symphony?’ ”
Wright has been reading the Bible daily since the age of 12, so it’s no surprise that he has honed an intuitive approach. At age 13, he read the entire book of Revelation in one sitting. “It was like reading a mystery thriller. I didn’t know what it was all about, but I couldn’t put it down.”
As the author of dozens of highly praised resources on theology, Christian living, and Scripture, Wright’s appreciation of Scripture has only grown. And he has some advice for other Christians looking for ways to deepen their own appreciation of the Word.
At Camp Logos I discuss the reverse interlinear feature in great detail. Then very frequently I receive this question from students: When is the interlinear coming to the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)? Well, I’m happy to report that Faithlife has provided us with a New Year’s treat. The interlinear New Testament of the HCSB is now available to Logos Now members!
That means that if you are a Logos Now member, all of the features you’re accustomed to enjoying in the ESV, NASB, LEB, and other Bibles are now present in the HCSB.
The Lexham Methods Series is designed to help you learn, refresh, or master the tools of biblical scholarship. Deepen your understanding of the Bible through sound exegesis with these easy-to-understand, jargon-free guides. The four volumes give you a complete overview of every major type of biblical interpretation, featuring history and key figures, methods and terms, and a how-to section, giving you a strong foundation for further research.
In 2017, we’ll be featuring great deals from a different popular Christian publisher each month as part of our new Publisher Spotlight series. This month, save on works by some of your favorite authors with our selection of Crossway Essentials. You can get up to 43% off! See all the Crossway deals now.
Featured Deal: The Crossway Top Author’s Bundle
You won’t want to miss the 94-volume Crossway Top Authors Bundle. In addition to saving 30% on resources including commentaries, apologetics, devotionals, and more, you’ll find works by these celebrated authors:
- R.C. Sproul: R.C. Sproul is a gifted communicator known for tackling weighty concepts and distilling them into a life-changing and readily understandable format. The Crossway Top Authors Bundle includes resources from Sproul on philosophy, apologetics, and theology, as well as volumes from his popular St. Andrew’s Expositional Commentary Series.
- John Piper: After more than 30 years of preaching and ministry, John Piper continues to teach and influence Christians all over the world. Perfect for building your library or continuing your study of Piper’s theology, this collection features 40 volumes of some of his most significant devotional and academic works, including Don’t Waste Your Life, A Hunger for God, and The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World.
- J.I. Packer: One of today’s most important evangelicals, Packer has greatly influenced the modern church. This collection includes works by Packer on the Ten Commandments, the Apostles’ Creed, and the Lord’s Prayer, as well as topics like weakness, intentionality, and disappointment.
- John MacArthur: Celebrated preacher John MacArthur has written over 150 books and commentaries deeply rooted in God’s Word. This bundle brings together some of his most popular works including Ashamed of the Gospel and The Freedom and Power of Forgiveness.
- D.A. Carson: Respected biblical scholar D.A. Carson presents a varied and faithful collection of biblical teaching on various subjects regarding Christology, bibliology, and the Christian life. Carson provides answers to questions about Jesus and his work on the cross, the role of pastors in their God-ordained setting, and examines love from a scripturally faithful perspective.